The Residential Education staff at the University of Southern California provides housing and support services for 10,000 students living within USC Housing. The Graduate Residential College Coordinator (GRCC) is a live-in graduate assistantship designed to add practical experience alongside graduate student’s coursework and prepare them for an entry-level, full-time position in Student Affairs. The GRCC plays an integral role in creating a residential community that encourages student and community engagement. GRCCs are expected to incorporate the mission, vision, and core values of Residential Education into their work while at USC.
The GRCC is responsible for advising their community council. In addition to the essential duties listed, the GRCCs provide leadership in the development of a robust academic and social environment for residents, while creating and maintaining a high level of safety, security, and well-being for all residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Advise a Community Council while supporting the overall mission of RHA
- Provide advice, support, assistance and referrals to residents regarding academic, housing, personal or other concerns
- Provide resources and support for the activities and programs in the residential community
- Maintain a weekly work schedule of 20 hours/week for residents and staff. Evening commitments are expected. Additionally, there will be periodic weekend commitments.
- Perform administrative functions for day-to-day operation of the assigned residential community
- Other duties as assigned by the departmental leadership
- Fully furnished 1-bedroom apartment
- Meal package