The Residential Education staff at the University of Southern California provides housing and support services for 9,500 students living within USC Housing. The Residential College/Community Coordinator (RCC) is a full-time, live-in professional staff member who plays an integral role in creating a residential community that encourages student and community engagement. Residential College/Community Coordinators are expected to incorporate the mission, vision, and core values of Residential Education into their work while at USC. This position performs a variety of important daily operation tasks including supervision of student staff, advising of student leadership, adjudicating residential judicial cases, managing their community’s budget, and serving on department task forces.
Under the supervision of an Assistant Director, the Residential College/Community Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision, training, and evaluation of the Graduate Residential College/Community Coordinators and 7-22 student staff (Resident Assistants). In addition, the RCC is responsible for advising their community’s building government. In addition to the essential duties listed, the RCCs provide leadership in the development of a robust academic and social environment for residents, while creating and maintaining a high level of safety, security, and well-being for all residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise, train, and evaluate 7-22 Resident Assistants and possibly a Graduate Residential College/Community Coordinators
- Advise a Building Government while supporting the overall mission of RHA
- Participate in the departmental 24/7 on-call duty and emergency response system for the residential community
- Provide advice, support, assistance and referrals to resident students regarding academic, housing, personal or other concerns
- Provide resources and support for the activities and programs in the building/community
- Serve as a judicial hearing officer within the Residential Review process
- Serve as a chair or representative on one department task force
- Maintain a weekly work schedule with a minimum of 40 hours/week for residents and staff. Evening office hours are expected. Additionally, there will be periodic weekend commitments
- Perform administrative functions for day-to-day operation of the assigned residence hall/area
- Other duties as assigned by the departmental leadership
- Assist with the maintenance of residence halls in cooperation with USC Housing
For more details, please review the RCC Job Description