The Residential Education staff at the University of Southern California provides community, support services, and education for 10,000 students living within USC Housing. The Graduate Assistant for the Residential Experience position is a graduate position designed to add practical experience to graduate students looking to gain experience in residential education and activities. This position plays a significant role in furthering the mission of the University of Southern California, and mission, vision, and core values of the Office for Residential Education. This position performs a variety of important daily operation tasks including oversight and implementation of the Residential Experience, maintaining the Residential Experience App, serving as a liaison to housing, and assist with assessment and evaluation of Residential Experience initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with the management and coordination of the Residential College Cup and other elements of the Residential Experience
- Assist with training of student staff in all aspects of the Community Engagement Model
- Train and provide ongoing consultation to professional staff in the management of Engage and eRezlife database
- Assist in the compilation of data for monthly and annual programming statistical reports
- Collaborate with campus partners such as Campus Activities, Trojan Event Services, Recreational Sports, Office of Orientation Programs, and USC Housing
- Other duties as assigned by departmental leadership
- Tuition: up to four (4) graduate units per academic year in tuition assistance. Tuition assistance is calculated using the standard USC graduate unit rate, not a specialized school graduate unit rate.
- Hourly Wage: minimum wage for approximately 15-20 hours per week
- Professional Development Funds: $200/year
Note: all tuition is distributed evenly across Fall and Semester