The following policies are based on city, county, state and federal guidelines and best practices for health and safety, and they will be strictly enforced as part of your USC Housing agreement. Please read through them carefully.
Common Spaces (Ex: Inside the residential community, but outside of your room/apartment/suite)
- Face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Physical distancing (6 feet/2 meters of separation) is required at all times.
- Elevators can only be used by one person at a time.
- Lounges will be solely dedicated for residents to use for telehealth purposes.
- Laundry rooms, mailrooms, and outside seating will be limited to the number of students who can safely stay 6 feet apart.
- Other common spaces will be closed completely, including the gym, recreational rooms, study rooms, etc.
- In residence halls, residents are restricted to designated bathrooms on their floor as well as specific stairwells and entrances for accessing their building.
Room/Apartment/Suite – “Your cone of safety”
- You and all of your suitemates/fellow apartment residents will be in a “cone of safety” together.
- Face coverings are encouraged, but you are not required to wear them inside your residence.
- Physical distancing is encouraged, but it will not be required inside your residence.
- Residents are not permitted to bring any guests/visitors into the residential community. This includes parents, guardians, siblings and other relatives. This restriction will be in place during move-in as well.
- Residents are not permitted to have anyone in their room/suite/apartment who is not an official occupant of that space.
- Practice good hand hygiene and wash your hands regularly.