The Residential College Ambassador program is an alumni network of former Birnkrant residents who create, carry, and uphold the traditions and culture of Birnkrant Residential College. Our goal is to create an opportunity for continued engagement within Birnkrant and to continue building leadership skills. The Residential College Ambassador (RCA) serves as a mentor to incoming Birnkrant residents by preparing them and then welcoming them to their new home at Birnkrant. The RCA responsibilities are listed below.
- Serve as positive role models for incoming Birnkrant residents
- Be available over the summer via email to answer questions from incoming residents regarding life in the residence hall, what to pack/expect, etc.
- Maintain the Birnkrant Facebook group in collaboration with Birnkrant staff
- Plan an involvement fair based on previous residents’ involvement on campus
- Serve as mentor in the BK Mentorship program
- Coordinate, implement, and facilitate Birnkrant Fall Retreat (in collaboration with the Birnkrant staff and faculty)
- Ambassadors Polo
- Meals during Ambassador Training, Birnkrant Move-In day, and the Birnkrant Fall Retreat
- Admission to all planned activities and trips
- Possible priority move-in (early move-in to USC Housing spaces)